mnesia


Querying mnesia Fragmentated Tables using QLC returns wrong results


am josh in Uganda. i created a mnesia fragmented table (64 fragments), and managed to populate it upto 9948723 records. Each fragment was a disc_copies type, with two replicas.
Now, using qlc (query list comprehension), was too slow in searching for a record, and was returning inaccurate results.
I found out that this overhead is that qlc uses the select function of mnesia which traverses the entire table in order to match records. i tried something else below.
-define(ACCESS_MOD,mnesia_frag).
-define(DEFAULT_CONTEXT,transaction).
-define(NULL,'_').
-record(address,{tel,zip_code,email}).
-record(person,{name,sex,age,address = #address{}}).
match()-> Z = fun(Spec) -> mnesia:match_object(Spec) end,Z.
match_object(Pattern)->
Match = match(),
mnesia:activity(?DEFAULT_CONTEXT,Match,[Pattern],?ACCESS_MOD).
Trying this functionality gave me good results. But i found that i have to dynamically build patterns for every search that may be made in my stored procedures.
i decided to go through the havoc of doing this, so i wrote functions which will dynamically build wild patterns for my records depending on which parameter is to be searched.
%% This below gives me the default pattern for all searches ::= {person,'_','_','_'}
pattern(Record_name)->
N = length(my_record_info(Record_name)) + 1,
erlang:setelement(1,erlang:make_tuple(N,?NULL),Record_name).
%% this finds the position of the provided value and places it in that
%% position while keeping '_' in the other positions.
%% The caller function can use this function recursively until
%% it has built the full search pattern of interest
pattern({Field,Value},Pattern_sofar)->
N = position(Field,my_record_info(element(1,Pattern_sofar))),
case N of
-1 -> Pattern_sofar;
Int when Int >= 1 -> erlang:setelement(N + 1,Pattern_sofar,Value);
_ -> Pattern_sofar
end.
my_record_info(Record_name)->
case Record_name of
staff_dynamic -> record_info(fields,staff_dynamic);
person -> record_info(fields,person);
_ -> []
end.
%% These below,help locate the position of an element in a list
%% returned by "-record_info(fields,person)"
position(_,[]) -> -1;
position(Value,List)->
find(lists:member(Value,List),Value,List,1).
find(false,_,_,_) -> -1;
find(true,V,[V|_],N)-> N;
find(true,V,[_|X],N)->
find(V,X,N + 1).
find(V,[V|_],N)-> N;
find(V,[_|X],N) -> find(V,X,N + 1).
This was working very well though it was computationally intensive.
It could still work even after changing the record definition since at compile time, it gets the new record info
The problem is that when i initiate even 25 processes on a 3.0 GHz pentium 4 processor running WinXP, It hangs and takes a long time to return results.
If am to use qlc in these fragments, to get accurate results, i have to specify which fragment to search in like this.
find_person_by_tel(Tel)->
select(qlc:q([ X || X <- mnesia:table(Frag), (X#person.address)#address.tel == Tel])).
select(Q)->
case ?transact(fun() -> qlc:e(Q) end) of
{atomic,Val} -> Val;
{aborted,_} = Error -> report_mnesia_event(Error)
end.
Qlc was returning [], when i search for something yet when i use match_object/1 i get accurate results. I found that using match_expressions can help.
mnesia:table(Tab,Props).
where Props is a data structure that defines the match expression, the chunk size of return values e.t.c
I got a problem when i tried building match expressions dynamically.
Function mnesia:read/1 or mnesia:read/2 requires that you have the primary key
Now am asking myself, how can i efficiently use QLC to search for records in a large fragmented table? Please help.
I know that using tuple representation of records makes code hard to upgrade. This is why
i hate using mnesia:select/1, mnesia:match_object/1 and i want to stick to QLC. QLC is giving me wrong results in my queries from a mnesia table of 64 fragments even on the same node.
Has anyone ever used QLC to query a fragmented table?, please help
Do you invoke the qlc in the activity context?
tfn_match(Id) ->
Search = #person{address=#address{tel=Id, _ = '_'}, _ = '_'},
trans(fun() -> mnesia:match_object(Search) end).
tfn_qlc(Id) ->
Q = qlc:q([ X || X <- mnesia:table(person), (X#person.address)#address.tel == Id]),
trans(fun() -> qlc:e(Q) end).
trans(Fun) ->
try Res = mnesia:activity(transaction, Fun, mnesia_frag),
{atomic, Res}
catch exit:Error ->
{aborted, Error}
end.

Related Links

Mesia activity/4 is reading only from the first fragment
Is there a built-in mechanism for us to launch Mnesia in Elixir?
how to use mnesia:select/4 and mnesia:select/1 for paging query
Querying mnesia Fragmentated Tables using QLC returns wrong results

Categories

HOME
magento2
memory
xcode
facebook-messenger
adfs3.0
scroll
antd
bing-search
google-sheets-query
biztalk-2010
jint
impala
wagtail
telegraf
stack-overflow
siesta
slide
tiff
clish
feature-extraction
powermock
global-variables
sonicwall
web-deployment
exe
jqxgrid
rpmbuild
spam
azure-machine-learning
multi-upload
mime-types
pyopencl
offline-caching
echosign
react-bootstrap-table
restful-architecture
android-canvas
pdfnet
ftp-server
elastica
type-inference
music21
absolute
qvtkwidget
uiautomatorviewer
password-hash
sonatype
sigsegv
line-intersection
gtk#
mongodb-aggregation
patternlab.io
finder
controllers
nunit-console
node.js-connect
yii2-model
onepage-checkout
wif4.5
diawi
wso2ml
actionpack
whitespace-language
gflags
mgwt
baseadapter
device-admin
storing-data
sqlbindparameter
tabletools
jchartfx
application-blocks
compiler-flags
saga
libxml-js
acceptance-testing
html-frames
oscilloscope
towers-of-hanoi
getproperty
coordinate
telerik-ajax
prefuse
zend-server-ce
nosetests
jquery-1.4
printqueue
tacit-programming
version-control-migration
suggestbox
comment-conventions

Resources

Database Users
RDBMS discuss
Database Dev&Adm
javascript
java
csharp
php
android
javascript
java
csharp
php
python
android
jquery
ruby
ios
html
Mobile App
Mobile App
Mobile App